|Category:||SuSE Local Security Checks|
|Title:||SUSE: Security Advisory (SUSE-SU-2012:0153-1)|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'Linux Kernel' package(s) announced via the SUSE-SU-2012:0153-1 advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'Linux Kernel' package(s) announced via the SUSE-SU-2012:0153-1 advisory.
The SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP1 kernel has been updated to 18.104.22.168, fixing numerous bugs and security issues.
The following security issues have been fixed:
* A potential hypervisor escape by issuing SG_IO commands to partitiondevices was fixed by restricting access to these commands. ( CVE-2011-4127
* KEYS: Fix a NULL pointer deref in the user-defined key type, which allowed local attackers to Oops the kernel.
* Avoid potential NULL pointer deref in ghash, which allowed local attackers to Oops the kernel. (CVE-2011-4081
* Fixed a memory corruption possibility in xfs readlink, which could be used by local attackers to crash the system or potentially execute code by mounting a prepared xfs filesystem image. (CVE-2011-4077
* A overflow in the xfs acl handling was fixed that could be used by local attackers to crash the system or potentially execute code by mounting a prepared xfs filesystem image. (CVE-2012-0038
* A flaw in the ext3/ext4 filesystem allowed a local attacker to crash the kernel by getting a prepared ext3/ext4 filesystem mounted. ( CVE-2011-4132
* Access to the taskstats /proc file was restricted to avoid local attackers gaining knowledge of IO of other users (and so effecting side-channel attacks for e.g.
guessing passwords by typing speed). ( CVE-2011-2494
* When using X.25 communication a malicious sender could corrupt data structures, causing crashes or potential code execution. Please note that X.25 needs to be setup to make this effective, which these days is usually not the case. (CVE-2010-3873
* When using X.25 communication a malicious sender could make the machine leak memory, causing crashes. Please note that X.25 needs to be setup to make this effective,
which these days is usually not the case. (CVE-2010-4164
* A remote denial of service due to a NULL pointer dereference by using IPv6 fragments was fixed.
The following non-security issues have been fixed (excerpt from changelog):
* elousb: Fixed bug in USB core API usage, code cleanup.
* cifs: overhaul cifs_revalidate and rename to cifs_revalidate_dentry.
* cifs: set server_eof in cifs_fattr_to_inode.
* xfs: Fix missing xfs_iunlock() on error recovery path in xfs_readlink().
* Silence some warnings about ioctls on partitions.
* netxen: Remove all references to unified firmware file.
* bonding: send out gratuitous arps even with no address configured.
ocfs2: serialize unaligned aio.
patch: Update references.
* xfs: Fix wait calculations on lock acquisition and use milliseconds instead of jiffies to print the wait time.
* ipmi: reduce polling when interrupts are available.
* ipmi: reduce polling.
* export shrink_dcache_for_umount_subtree.
* patches.suse/stack-unwind: Fix more 2.6.29 ... [Please see the references for more information on the vulnerabilities]
'Linux Kernel' package(s) on SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 SP1, SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension 11 SP1, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1.
Please install the updated package(s).
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2010-3873|
Debian Security Information: DSA-2126 (Google Search)
SuSE Security Announcement: SUSE-SA:2011:008 (Google Search)
SuSE Security Announcement: openSUSE-SU-2013:0925 (Google Search)
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2010-4164
BugTraq ID: 45055
SuSE Security Announcement: SUSE-SA:2010:060 (Google Search)
SuSE Security Announcement: SUSE-SA:2011:001 (Google Search)
SuSE Security Announcement: SUSE-SA:2011:002 (Google Search)
SuSE Security Announcement: SUSE-SA:2011:004 (Google Search)
SuSE Security Announcement: SUSE-SA:2011:007 (Google Search)
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2011-2494
SuSE Security Announcement: SUSE-SU-2012:0554 (Google Search)
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2011-2699
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2011-4077
HPdes Security Advisory: HPSBGN02970
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2011-4081
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2011-4110
BugTraq ID: 50755
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2011-4127
SuSE Security Announcement: SUSE-SU-2015:0812 (Google Search)
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2011-4132
BugTraq ID: 50663
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2012-0038
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2021 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 99761 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.