|Category:||SuSE Local Security Checks|
|Title:||SuSE Update for slurm openSUSE-SU-2018:1955-1 (slurm)|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'slurm'; package(s) announced via the openSUSE-SU-2018:1955_1 advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'slurm'
package(s) announced via the openSUSE-SU-2018:1955_1 advisory.
This update for slurm to version 17.11.7 fixes the following issues:
This security issue was fixed:
- CVE-2018-10995: Ensure correct handling of user names and group ids
These non-security issues were fixed:
- CRAY - Add slurmsmwd to the contribs/cray dir
- PMIX - Added the direct connect authentication.
- Prevent the backup slurmctld from losing the active/available node
features list on takeover.
- Be able to force power_down of cloud node even if in power_save state.
- Allow cloud nodes to be recognized in Slurm when booted out of band.
- Notify srun and ctld when unkillable stepd exits.
- Fixes daemoniziation in newly introduced slurmsmwd daemon.
The following tracked packaging changes are included:
- avoid postun error in libpmi0 (bsc#1100850)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended
like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.0:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-729=1
slurm on openSUSE Leap 15.0.
Please install the updated package(s).
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-10995|
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2018 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 73533 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.