|Category:||SuSE Local Security Checks|
|Title:||SuSE Update for samba openSUSE-SU-2018:3211-1 (samba)|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'samba'; package(s) announced via the referenced advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'samba'
package(s) announced via the referenced advisory.
Samba was updated to 4.6.15, bringing
bug and security fixes. (bsc#1110943)
Following security issues were fixed:
- CVE-2018-10919: Fix unauthorized attribute access via searches.
Non-security bugs fixed:
- Fix ctdb_mutex_ceph_rados_helper deadlock (bsc#1102230).
- Allow idmap_rid to have primary group other than 'Domain Users'
- winbind: avoid using fstrcpy in _dual_init_connection.
- Fix ntlm authentications with 'winbind use default domain = yes'
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP3:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended
like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 42.3:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-1195=1
samba on openSUSE Leap 42.3
Please install the updated packages.
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-10919|
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2018 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 71225 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.