|Category:||Red Hat Local Security Checks|
|Title:||RedHat Security Advisory RHSA-2007:0235|
The remote host is missing updates announced in
The util-linux package contains a collection of basic system utilities.
A flaw was found in the way the login process handled logins which did not
require authentication. Certain processes which conduct their own
authentication could allow a remote user to bypass intended access policies
which would normally be enforced by the login process. (CVE-2006-7108)
This update also fixes the following bugs:
* The partx, addpart and delpart commands were not documented.
* The umount -l command did not work on hung NFS mounts with cached data.
* The mount command did not mount NFS V3 share where sec=none was specified.
* The mount command did not read filesystem LABEL from unpartitioned disks.
* The mount command did not recognize labels on VFAT filesystems.
* The fdisk command did not support 4096 sector size for the -b option.
* The mount man page did not list option mand or information about
All users of util-linux should upgrade to these updated packages, which
contain backported patches to correct these issues.
Please note that this update is available via
Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network, launch the Red
Hat Update Agent with the following command: up2date
Risk factor : Medium
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2006-7108|
BugTraq ID: 24321
|Copyright||Copyright (c) 2007 E-Soft Inc. http://www.securityspace.com|
|This is only one of 99761 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.