|Category:||Fedora Local Security Checks|
|Title:||Fedora Update for nbdkit FEDORA-2019-867f0858e6|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'nbdkit'; package(s) announced via the FEDORA-2019-867f0858e6 advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'nbdkit'
package(s) announced via the FEDORA-2019-867f0858e6 advisory.
NBD is a protocol for accessing block devices (hard disks and
disk-like things) over the network.
nbdkit is a toolkit for creating NBD servers.
The key features are:
* Multithreaded NBD server written in C with good performance.
* Minimal dependencies for the basic server.
* Liberal license (BSD) allows nbdkit to be linked to proprietary
libraries or included in proprietary code.
* Well-documented, simple plugin API with a stable ABI guarantee.
Lets you to export 'unconventional' block devices easily.
* You can write plugins in C or many other languages.
* Filters can be stacked in front of plugins to transform the output.
In Fedora, ', nbdkit', is a meta-package which pulls in the core server
and a useful subset of plugins and filters.
If you want just the server, install ', nbdkit-server', .
To develop plugins, install the ', nbdkit-devel', package and start by
reading the nbdkit(1) and nbdkit-plugin(3) manual pages.
'nbdkit' package(s) on Fedora 30.
Please install the updated package(s).
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2019 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 99761 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.