|Category:||SuSE Local Security Checks|
|Title:||SuSE Update for wireshark openSUSE-SU-2018:4307-1 (wireshark)|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'wireshark'; package(s) announced via the openSUSE-SU-2018:4307_1 advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'wireshark'
package(s) announced via the openSUSE-SU-2018:4307_1 advisory.
This update for wireshark fixes the following issues:
Update to Wireshark 2.4.11 (bsc#1117740).
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-19625: The Wireshark dissection engine could crash
- CVE-2018-19626: The DCOM dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2018-52)
- CVE-2018-19623: The LBMPDM dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2018-53)
- CVE-2018-19622: The MMSE dissector could go into an infinite loop
- CVE-2018-19627: The IxVeriWave file parser could crash (wnpa-sec-2018-55)
- CVE-2018-19624: The PVFS dissector could crash (wnpa-sec-2018-56)
Further bug fixes and updated protocol support as listed in:
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended
like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.0:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-1620=1
wireshark on openSUSE Leap 15.0.
Please install the updated package(s).
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-19622|
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-19623
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-19624
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-19625
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-19626
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-19627
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2019 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 71225 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.