|Category:||SuSE Local Security Checks|
|Title:||SuSE Update for libressl openSUSE-SU-2018:2592-1 (libressl)|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'libressl'; package(s) announced via the openSUSE-SU-2018:2592_1 advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'libressl'
package(s) announced via the openSUSE-SU-2018:2592_1 advisory.
This update for libressl to version 2.8.0 fixes the following issues:
Security issues fixed:
- CVE-2018-12434: Avoid a timing side-channel leak when generating DSA and
ECDSA signatures. (boo#1097779)
- Reject excessively large primes in DH key generation.
Other bugs fixed:
- Fixed a pair of 20+ year-old bugs in X509_NAME_add_entry.
- Tighten up checks for various X509_VERIFY_PARAM functions, 'poisoning'
parameters so that an unverified certificate cannot be used if it fails
- Fixed a potential memory leak on failure in ASN1_item_digest.
- Fixed a potential memory alignment crash in asn1_item_combine_free.
- Removed unused SSL3_FLAGS_DELAY_CLIENT_FINISHED and
SSL3_FLAGS_POP_BUFFER flags in write path, simplifying IO paths.
- Removed SSL_OP_TLS_ROLLBACK_BUG buggy client workarounds.
- Added const annotations to many existing APIs from OpenSSL, making
interoperability easier for downstream applications.
- Added a missing bounds check in c2i_ASN1_BIT_STRING.
- Removed three remaining single DES cipher suites.
- Fixed a potential leak/incorrect return value in DSA signature
- Added a blinding value when generating DSA and ECDSA signatures, in
order to reduce the possibility of a side-channel attack leaking the
- Added ECC constant time scalar multiplication support.
- Revised the implementation of RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5 to match the
specification in RFC 8017.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended
like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.0:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-950=1
libressl on openSUSE Leap 15.0.
Please install the updated package(s).
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-12434|
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2018 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 71225 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.