|Category:||SuSE Local Security Checks|
|Title:||SuSE Update for cups openSUSE-SU-2018:2292-1 (cups)|
|Summary:||The remote host is missing an update for the 'cups'; package(s) announced via the openSUSE-SU-2018:2292_1 advisory.|
The remote host is missing an update for the 'cups'
package(s) announced via the openSUSE-SU-2018:2292_1 advisory.
This update for cups fixes the following issues:
The following security vulnerabilities were fixed:
- Fixed a local privilege escalation to root and sandbox bypasses in the
- CVE-2018-4180: Fixed a local privilege escalation to root in dnssd
- CVE-2018-4181: Limited local file reads as root via cupsd.conf include
- CVE-2018-4182: Fixed a sandbox bypass due to insecure error handling
- CVE-2018-4183: Fixed a sandbox bypass due to profile misconfiguration
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended
like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- openSUSE Leap 15.0:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-852=1
cups on openSUSE Leap 15.0.
Please install the updated package(s).
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-4180|
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-4181
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-4182
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-4183
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2018 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 71225 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.