|Title:||Google Chrome Security Updates(stable-channel-update-for-desktop-2018-10)-Linux|
|Summary:||The host is installed with Google Chrome; and is prone to multiple vulnerabilities.|
The host is installed with Google Chrome
and is prone to multiple vulnerabilities.
Multiple flaws are due to,
- Sandbox escape in AppCache.
- An input validation error in V8.
- Heap buffer overflow error in Little CMS in PDFium.
- Multiple URL and UI spoofing errors in Omnibox and Extensions.
- Multiple memory corruption errors in Angle and GPU Internals.
- Multiple use after free errors in V8 and Blink.
- Lack of limits on 'update' function in ServiceWorker.
- Security UI occlusion in full screen mode.
Successful exploitation will allow an attackers
to bypass security restrictions, execute arbitrary code, conduct spoofing attack
and cause denial of service condition.
Google Chrome version prior to 70.0.3538.67 on Linux.
Upgrade to Google Chrome version 70.0.3538.67
or later. For updates refer to Reference links.
Common Vulnerability Exposure (CVE) ID: CVE-2018-5179|
|Copyright||Copyright (C) 2018 Greenbone Networks GmbH|
|This is only one of 71225 vulnerability tests in our test suite. Find out more about running a complete security audit.|
To run a free test of this vulnerability against your system, register below.